Sunday, August 16, 2009

Heroics all day long, is that all what you do?

I liked the post from A touch of arcane blog, sadly, i disagree with most of what he said.

so i am going to post this:

I hate WotLK heroic dungeons, and I liked TBC ones. They're difficulty level is bad, and you can master all the fights in heroic dungeons as soon as you lvl 80, i remember being in 1 T6 left on me when i got champion of the frozen wastes (with only 10 man Malygos down).
In BC Heroics, it was hard to master an instance unless you have been working hard on your gear, enchanting and socketing the gear properly, and picking up items with the stats that you need, not only because the item has crit and its plate you should need it, look at the other stats too.
I had the chance to run BC Heroics with 3 Characters, one of them was my dear Troll warrior, the second was my Shaman, Shamanezem,the third was my lock Elmaster, and the forth was this paladin, and on each character i had some strong points and weak points in those instances, healing in a pally is different than healing in a shaman thats for sure, but the instances overall were hard, when you kill a boss, you'd feel the joy of killing it, i had champion of the naruu for the warrior, the lock and the shaman, i have to say that there were a lot of tears to get this done for the three characters, but i had it done anyways, it took me like 3 months of just doing heroics.
i had to wait a day or 2 just to make a group go to heroic shattred halls, and it would fall apart before 2nd or 3rd boss, that place was hell, but for me, the harder the instance is, the better.

the following is the things i agree with Dreaming (the owner of that blog) so i will be keeping it the same with no changes.

Ok, so I love heroics. But I don't like the badge change of patch 3.2 ... why? It has sent everyone (and their 3 years old sister) into heroics again! So why would I be upset of it?
The reason is simple: we nearly don't raid anymore. People don't see any interest into going in a raid to wipe a few times (at least) during the night and down at most 5 bosses (if we're lucky as it's harder and harder to get people to play, even more good people) for 10 badges and a chance to get one epic. During that same time they could run at least 5 heroics, with no wipe, no repair bill, no flasks to buy, two times the number of badges and 3 triumph ones through quests.
I'm sad, I hate it, but I can understand them ... raiding has just lost most of its gearing interest, at least until players will have all got their 2 pieces of T9 and all they can get with emblems of conquest.
If you add the fact that doing an heroic in T7.25 full gear is just way too easy and boring ... I'm not really enjoying the game these days :(
It's rerolling time, again.
time to lvl my DK, and my shaman!

No comments:

Post a Comment