Something caught my eyes very quickly, A Questionnaire? (my first thought was WTH does that even mean? :P)
This post called ''My first meme-that-is-not-a-meme!''
and i wanted to get in!
So here how it goes.
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Almaster, Paladin, Holy.
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
Mostly raiding, daily heroic and such, wanted to PVP but i was never a big fan of it.
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
FOL, or flash of light, i love the numbers it heals, plus the HOT from FOL and SS.
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Divine Favor. Why? Because i crit half of the time already!
no seriously, i rarely use it, i don't know why, i have it keybinded already, but rarely find the chance to use it for a critical setuation.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Burst healing, the ability to keep tanks alive during all the fight, and finishing with more than half of your mana bar remaining. also waering plate with a shield is awesome.
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
the lack of raid healing spells, and being not able to move casting holy light, some setuations you are casting the big holy light cast, the tank is low on health, and the boss thinks that it would be awesome to throw a big fire under your feet, so its either you stay there and take damage from that fire and you might die, or move and cast holy light again just as the tank dies.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
Healing tanks, DUH!
beacon of light and SS are very powerful tools, you can heal both of the OT and the MT with no stress at all.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
I'd say resto druid or disc priest, i tried resto druid before, but my gear and skill was lacking so i didn't have much fun.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Shamans, i had a 70 shaman back when i was playing horde, a TROLL shaman! but all i did was Chain heal, Chain heal, chain heal, chain heal.
i remember one time i was watching House, and chain pressing 1 untill i heared the raid leader calling my name saying that the boss died and i didnt have to chain heal anymore.
- What is your worst habit as a healer?
I like challenges, sometimes in heroics, i leave the tank or the dps health to go too low and then start healing them, just to get the thrill of doing something rather than just using FOL every 5 secs.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
I'd say for all healers its - I really hate when people say “so and so needs heals!” over vent.
i agree with Oph and Jes here.
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
As i said, the lack of raid heals might cause a problem for some pallys, although i enjoy it.
beacon the tank, cast FOL on the raid = full healed raid and tank.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
As long as my target or anyone that i am assigned for healing is still alive, i am FUCKING PRO!
last time i went to TOC 25 man, someone thought it would be funny to die from Icehowl's charge, and the boss went enraged, i remembered one spell that i didn't use since the time me and Headstab were doing arena in last season, so i used it.
Hand of sacrifise, its awesome with a bubble, mitigates a lot of damage, also i use hand of freedom a little bit too much, since i made a macro when i use it, i yell the phrase from Braveheart movie.
''They might take our lifes, but what they'll never take, OUR BLESSING OF
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
I don't believe there is any misconceptions people have about holy paladins, we are very OP'ed :P
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Timing thier heals, big or small heals needs some timing, but i learned fast, as i learned healing when i was doing Illidan lol.
i was port before i switched to healing, i had SSC/Tk gear and was healing Illidan fight hehe.
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Well, it depends on the fight, so i don't see this as a valid question for paladins, in TOTGC with major damage for tanks, i usually be the first on healing meters, in lest say TOC 25 faction champion fight, i am usually the last in healing, with 184 dispells lol.
but anyhow, if you for example check my healing for 1 fight, it will depend on the fight itself, otherwise check my overall preformace, and you'll be happy of what you'll see :D
i'll make sure to post a screenshot of my recount sometimes soon.
- Haste or Crit and why?
both, i'd say, crit was the major mana regen for paladins, but not anymore, it still get us mana back, but not that much, also too much haste can get a paladin OOM fast.
so a mix of them both will be good.
- What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Shamans, hands down.
I've failed on my troll shammy before, but i can see Shamans in my guild owning the healing meters.
i need to understand them more.
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
I don't have that many macros, addons, i have many, check out my post about my addons.
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
Right now, i am stacking Int, i didn't want to at the start, as i said before SP is gets your SS OP'ed but sadly with nerfs hitting us, i decided to go for Int, be a good pally is better than QQing all the time :P
Now is the hard part, i need to tag another healing class blog.
Armaggedon isn't a new blogger, and he isn't even a healer, but then came Squidly! his alt shammy that from reading his blog, i see he is enjoying playing him a lot.
A Touch of Arcane, also not a new blogger, but one of my favorites, he really knows what he is talking about!
The original post by Jess from Miss Medicina
Jes Miss Medicina's Circle of healing